Christmas Day

OK this is my second attempt at this post as the
electricity died the first time round. : )

Well it was snowing here this morning for a few
hours in central Ireland. As the country was wet
from rain the night before, the snow didn't stick
for long. : ( It only remained on the hedges, roof
and trees. Boooo.

The family are running around the house like
headless chickens getting everything ready for
Christmas dinner. hehe I stayed in bed for most
of the morning although I have done plenty of
decorating the last few days so I don't feel guilty.

Everyone else in the country seems to open their
Christmas presents in the morning. In terms of
the stuff you get from Santa that is ok but I think
that the rest of the presents should remain until
after Christmas dinner is over and everything has
been cleaned up. Then the whole family can go in
to the main room and open up all the presents
together. When I was younger I used to absolutely
hate the idea of "waiting", but now that I have a
bit more sense I realise that it is actually quite
fun holding out till later. Its something to look
forward to for the entire day! : )

I think the presents this year should be pretty
good all round as both my sisters have jobs now
and I have been working all year.
About 10 years ago I remember having about
20 euro to spend on the entire family and then
having to go into the pound shop and get every
thing in there. Man! They were terrible presents.

But in the years following the present quality has
improved dramatically. : )

No comments:

Popular Posts