New Broadband is Installed !

It is an unbelievable service I have
to say.

In the last 2 weeks I have downloaded
more data than in 3 months of the Ripwave
service.

I am very happy with it and I must thank
Irish Broadband for providing me
with a product that defies all the bad
press that Ireland has been getting over
the years for the state of its pitiful
broadband infrastructure.

Now lets get down to it. : )

With Ripwave I was constantly getting
disconnected, poor connections and in
short a fucking shite service.

Yet the new product is the EXACT opposite.
Since the engineers installed it, well,the
morning after cos the fools gave me the
wrong IP address, it has been downloading
24 hours a day non stop.
Since I have started I have had no downtime
that I have noticed anyway.

Some people would wonder what the hell do I
be downloading. The answer is simple. Old
TV Series. Getting things like MacGyver,
the A Team, 24, Scrubs etc... These files
are absolutely huge!!! They take me a week
to download, even with my connection.
These files might be illegal but I don't think
they are as important in the eyes of the
record and movie industries who are trying
to prevent new material from being pirated
ie movies leaked prior to release, leaked
music albums and other material that brings
in large sums of money for the companies.

Also the fact that TV series are recorded
by millions of people all over the world from
their TV's means that complaining about the
availability of such files on the internet
is pointless in my opinion.

Anyway, back to the main point. : )

The uncapped nature of the service is
invaluable in my opinion. What is the point
in having broadband if you cannot use it to
its full potential? Eh??

For instance Eircom have a 4gigabyte cap per
month on their service. That is a load of crap.
I download 5 gigs per day with my connection.
Yes! PER DAY

Yet I agree with Eircom in one respect, if all
I was doing was checking email, surfing the net
and playing games then 4 gigs would be plenty.
But I want more and they should provide a service
for those that want more other than charging them
150 euro per month for an unlimited connection!

In terms of the speeds I get with the connection,
I usually get between 90k and 105k per second.That
is 35 times faster than my modem at home in central
Ireland!!

Whahey.
I love broadband. : )

No comments:

Popular Posts