Work colleagues Part II

Lots of interesting yet annoying things have
happened at my place of work over the last 6
months or so but I have to say that plenty of
weird things happened today.

Things such as:

A young guy (16) working there who I am sure
was checking out the managers' (male) ass.
The manager also kinda caught the lad looking
at him and glared at the boy in a way as if to
say "What the fuck??" and then everything
continued as if nothing had happened. WEIRD!!

Also John (friend) and myself were chatting
during the day as we always do in work to pass
the time. Yet at various intervals the guy
beside us would butt in on our conversation
making kinda annoying comments.

He would jump in with a comment like "What
sort of a word is that? Do you even know what
it means?" John tried to explain what the word
meant but the manager came over and joked that
he was talking a load of shite. Laughter ensued
but I think John was thick.In fairness to him
he gave the correct meaning to the word
"crescendo" which means, to gradually get louder.

I said the phrase "and so I came to the conclusion"
in one of my sentences and the guy also made a
comment on that phrase too, saying that "Oh jehses,
thahs noh the way I would shay it"(intentional
incorrect spelling in quote).hehe I thought it was
kinda funny the way he was commenting on words that
I thought were pretty mainstream and acceptable.
I wonder how he would feel if he spoke to some of
the Dublin 4 (Exclusive Area of Dublin) spoilt
rich kids with accents to die for. (ie you die of
annoyance when you hear them : ) ha!).

The guy went further to comment on the word
"tolerance" also. At this point I'm afraid it
became necessary to take the piss out of the guy as
it was beginning to get annoying.
John and myself then began to discuss whether or not
"the" was a big word or not. This instantly shut him
up and nothing more was said for the remainder of the
evening concerning big words. : )

hehe Such petty little things we complain about in
work these days.*throws eyes up to sky*

No comments:

Popular Posts